Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Week 2, Day 1: Legs Like Lead

 I had a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend.  Summer finally arrived and my wife and I took a scenic drive through Northern Wisconsin.  The highlight of the entire trip was passing through the small town of "Spread Eagle, WI".  Man, did we get mileage out of the jokes while driving through that hamlet.  The icing on the cake was passing the Spread Eagle Pet Motel.  The only surprising thing was that we did not pass a single strip club, adult video outlet or erotic cake store.  Bummer!

Today I woke up in the Morning ready to rock it out.  Finally, 3 miles on a nice warm summerish day.  Bliss.  What I failed to observe in my slumber, was that at some point during the night my femur, fibula and tibia were coated in 45.63 kg of lead.  I suspect my pet rabbits, but I have no proof at this time.  Every step forward felt excruciatingly slow and heavy.  It took about 1.5 miles to shake it out and by then I was on the final 1.5 mile uphill climb home.  Not the best day, but at least it was only 3 miles.

Results
Distance: 3.00 Miles
Time: 28:15
Pace: 9:24

Final Thought:

Attention domesticated animals of the world!  If you are looking for a good time stop by the Spread Eagle Pet Motel.  Money back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment