Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Week 1, Day 2: Running in the Rain

I woke up this morning to the sound of the pitter-patter of little feet... on the roof.  Wonderful.  It is absolutely pouring and I have the added bonus of a 7AM meeting.  Not a good start to a Wednesday.  However, things did turn around for me.  The call ended after only 20 minutes (scheduled for an hour), so I thought I should be a good boy and run.  The rain volume waned a bit so I went for it.

Today's goal was to run the 3-miles at race pace.  As stated in previous posts, my target pace is 9:09 minutes/mile.  The wonderful thing about goals is that they serve more as a guidance.  To some 9:09 might equate to 9:15 to others... lets throw out a random value like, I dunno... 8:38.  I checked my Garmin frequently and I did try to slow down, but then the rain intensified and my pace followed suit.  The run was great, legs were good, knee not twingy and its fun to run fast (for me) sometimes.

Results
Distance: 3.00
Time: 25:57
Pace: 8:38

Final Thought:

A marathon is just like running the mile... 26 times with a 385 yard cool down.

1 comment:

  1. I disagree that running a marathon is like running the mile. In the immortal words of Emil Zatopek, "If you want to run, run a mile. If you want to experience a different life, run a marathon."

    ReplyDelete