Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Why Am I Doing This?

I decided to start this blog to chronicle my journey to complete my third marathon.  It has been two years since my last and I have not been terribly focused on running as of late.  This blog is for me; a means to be accountable to my training and to keep a journal of my progress.  The good and the bad.  Be forewarned, there will probably be a fair amount of bad.  Tears may be shed.  I could pull my hamstring two days before the race and the epic drama when that fatal moment is revealed will cause the masses to stir.  The blog-o-verse will come to a standstill for .000000008 nanoseconds as you all mourn for my injury.  Enough with the negativity.  Stay positive and all that good stuff!  Now on with the content...

My Stats:
Half Marathon PR - 1:53:27 (08:39)
Marathon PR - 4:58:29 (11:24) 

The plan for improvement this year... more training!  I am going to follow Hal Higdon's marathon training program and shoot for a time somewhere in the 4:30 range.  For those curious souls, Hal Higdon's training plans are freely available on the interweb at: http://halhigdon.com/.  I will be following the novice training plan, since I am admittedly quite the novice.

The event this year is the Fox Cities Marathon. Race day is September 18th, 2011 and I will be ready this time. 

Real-time update: Just signed up.  It's official.

No comments:

Post a Comment