Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pre-Training: Day 2

So, woke up this morning at 5:30 AM and promptly turned off my alarm to allow myself more time to meditate on the success of my morning run.  Honestly,  I do my best motivational self-convincing while buried in blankets, eyes shut with a slight snore.  Ask anyone... I'm sure they will back me up on this :)

Stumbled out of the door around 6:40 AM and was greeted by 61 degrees of perfection.  @RaceDay: please take note of today's weather conditions.  Perfect!  I took an alternate route this morning, opting for some local bike trails and parks over city streets.  The route had less hills, less cars and only one stoplight to contend with.  This route will definitely make its way into the rotation over the coming weeks. 

Results
Distance: 3.01 miles
Time: 26:21
Pace: 8:44

This is quite an improvement over yesterday!  I am sure it had nothing to do with the relatively flat course and my inability to slow down.  I am really going to have to watch it when the long runs hit or I am doomed.  I am going to try and pull back to a 9:30 for the 6 mile run this weekend, but if my body feels as good as it did today I am going to accept it and run at whatever pace feels right.

Naturally, I celebrated my successful two days of running  with a Guinness or two after work.  Next run is planned for Friday afternoon.  Vacation day from work = great time to sneak in an afternoon 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment