Saturday, May 28, 2011

Week 1, Day3: So Far, So Good

Short runs for this week are done!  I moved Thursday's run to after work in order to sleep in just a pinch longer than normal.  The important point is that I went out and did it.  I took the Sauconys out for a spin again to see if there was any correlation between knee pain and shoe.  I am happy to report that the run was much more comfortable than Tuesday; the shoes just have a different ride than my Adizeros.  As a precaution I have started my IT band stretching routine again.  I am a bit paranoid with my knee so this may come up as a common theme in my blog posts.  During my second marathon my IT band really began to bother me my last 4 weeks of training.  In truth, I probably should have cancelled my marathon plans for the year.  However, as a stubborn runner and human being I pushed through.  The first three miles were great and I limped from my 3-26.2.  Ouch!  I really, really, really, do not want to endure that again this year.

Results
Distance: 3.00
Time: 27:33
Pace: 09:10

Final Thought:

After the long run this weekend,  I will have a perfect week of training.  That is something to be proud of.


No comments:

Post a Comment