Saturday, May 28, 2011

Week 1, Day 4: Owned

It was a good week.  First off, my legs are remembering how to run.  Always a good thing when training for an, ermmm, run!  I went for six miles this evening and everything felt good.  I mean everything.  Shoelaces=tied, Shorts=on, Heart Monitor=functional, Watch=Garminy and Knees=0 pain. 

Sometimes for distances of six miles or greater I like to drive down to the Milwaukee lakefront to run on a lot of uninterrupted sidewalk.  Today was not one of those days.  I ran a 6 mile loop around the neighborhood and it was not bad.  Only one near strangulation incident involving a leash and a guy walking two dogs occurred tonight.  A first for me!  Usually the near strangulation occurs with a single dog :)   To be fair, the guy did apologize for me having to pull off an impromptu limbo move under the leash to keep my momentum going.

Results
Distance: 6.00 miles
Time: 55:53
Pace: 9:18

Final Thought:

Dear dog walkers,  Thank you for walking your pets.  You are doing yourself and the animal a great service.  Dear dog walkers,  get the f**k out of the way when someone is running at you.  Love, Nick.

No comments:

Post a Comment