Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Week 0, Day 2: Good Morning

I may have cracked the code.  The probability of waking in time for your morning run is directly proportional to the hours of sleep achieved.  I went to bed at 10:30 PM and woke up sans the alarm at 5:00 AM.  If target waking time = w, bed time = and the direct proportionality constant = k then it serves that w=k*b.  In layman terms:  Go to bed early!

However, despite all the great morning JuJu, ma nature was not on my side.  I heard the rain pelting the roof as I slid into my clothes to embrace today's three miles.  I was very tempted to postpone my run to the evening, but I knew that was a recipe for failure.  Rain, I will not fear you.  And out the door I went.

I suffered through the same "slow down" issues that I encountered yesterday, but rather than fixate on it, I opted to fall into comfortable pace and enjoy the run (and the free shower).

Results
Distance: 3.01
Time: 28:05
Pace: 9:20

Final Thought:  I do not want cows around my mid-section.  Ever.  -Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment