Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pre-Training - Day 1:

Before I went to bed Monday night I had grand plans of getting up at 5:30 AM (note: not a morning person) strapping on my shoes and hitting the roads for my first 3 mile pre-training run.  SNOOZE!  Wait, that wasn't snooze I shut the alarm off.  F%$@!  Okay, wife's alarm went off at 6 AM.  She correctly applied the snooze button.  6:10 AM: Moving, a little.  Muscles twitching a bit, willing myself to rise.  Maybe I could run after work??? No, not an option.  10 minutes later, with my eyes half open, running clothes applied, shoes on... no wait, still need to add shoes and socks.  Ugh, this morning stuff is challenging.  Kudos to you morning people out there.

Around 6:30 AM I worked my way out the door and embraced this beautiful 56 degree morning.  Turned my iPod on to the audiobook du jour and knocked out my 3 miles.

Results (provided by my trusty Garmin)
Distance:  3.02 miles
Time: 27:44
Pace:  9:10

Overall, I am pleased with the time and I am looking forward to another 3 miles tomorrow.  Wish me luck with the second attempt at the 5:30 AM wake up call (did I mention the not a morning person thing).

No comments:

Post a Comment