Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Week 2, Day 2: Road Rage

Today's morning run was full of excitement and peril.  For one, the lead was surgically removed from my legs last night leaving me with a sense of "light and fluffiness" during the entire 3 miles.  I suspect the rabbits had some remorse and decided to reverse their actions from the previous night.  Once again, I have no proof.  

Now for the exciting part... during mile 1 I was coming up to a slightly dangerous intersection, so I was cautious.  As expected, a car creeps up past the stop sign without even thinking of glancing to his right for a potential pedestrian who may just want to exercise their crazy right of street crossin'.  I opted to greet the kindly gentlemen by screaming "GOOD MORNING" through his slightly cracked open window.  Still oblivious.  He never even looked at me.  I pray for your soul you sad, sad human.

Now around mile 2ish I am coming up to a not-so-dangerous intersection and Methuselah comes driving down the street with her cell phone firmly attached to her right ear and her head facing completely to the left ( I am coming up the sidewalk to her right).  I watch as she proceeds through a stop sign where she may have slightly tapped on the brakes, maybe.  I applied my human brakes as I did not want to exercise my right to get tagged by a vehicle on a Wednesday Morning and decided I was tired of near misses for today.  I plant my face about 2mm from her passenger window and waited for that split second where she would inevitably glance to the right before turning.  She did.  I watched what I can only describe as the face one makes when they defecate themselves in an automobile.  I gave her my best WTF look and took off running again.  It was almost worth getting hit just for that moment of personal triumph.

Results
Distance: 3.00 miles
Time: 26:10
Pace: 8:42

No comments:

Post a Comment