Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cold, I Fear No Cold

Week 2, Day 3 of Marathon Training (3 Miles)

Should I be concerned that every time I type out the word marathon I always add a silent g at the end.  What the hell is a marathong???  Is it a specific type of undergarment worn underneath running clothes to avoid that dastardly and embarrassing VPL problem?  Perhaps it is a seedy ritual where the runner wears 26.2 pairs of underwear and discards a pair every mile.  God help the spectators at that finish line! I welcome your thoughts on this conundrum.

http://store.endurancejunkies.com/marathong
I have been battling a pretty nasty cold the last few days which put a damper on my Thursday running plans.  I ended up working 1/2 days Thursday and Friday and pretty much went with the 'imprint of my ass on the couch' approach to running both days.

However, today was a different story.  My wife and I successfully (hopefully) re-seeded about a 1/4 of our front lawn.  Unfortunately it was the 1/4 with mostly dirt not the 3/4 part which is a mix of weeds and crabgrass.  Sorry Neighbors... if it helps I know my lawn sucks.  At least I don't have a pink flamingo or the lady bending over with her bloomers showing sticking in the front lawn.  Take the small victories where you can get them.  I also managed to cut the grass do some weeding and some reeding reading.  I am currently re-reading Stephen King's The Shining  and I am finding it quite unputdownable.  Last time I read it I don't remember loving it quite this much.  I must be maturing :)

I also made up for lost time and went for 3-miles today.  It was a beautiful night and the run felt spectacular.  I am looking forward to the 7-miles I have planned for tomorrow.

Results
Distance: 3.00 Miles
Time: 27:34
Pace: 9:11

Final Thought:  
Underwear is everywhere, but mostly underneath
-Barry Louis Polisar

No comments:

Post a Comment