Sunday, June 12, 2011

Week 3 Recap

I have been feeling a bit non-bloggy this week, so the updates have been sparse at best.  Rather than bore you with whatever drivel spews from my fingertips I will just give you the results from week 3.  Here's hoping for a somewhat more verbose week four.

Week 3, Day 1 (3 Miles):

The weather early in the week was hot, so I did not get out for my first run until Thursday.  The good news, this is a step back week in my training so I get to slack let my muscles heal in preparation for week four.

Results
Distance: 3.01 miles
Time: 24:49
Pace: 8:15

This is by far one of best 3 mile runs I have had in a very long time.  It was quite quick (for me), but the pace just felt... I dunno... right.

Week 3, Day 2 (5 miles):

My wife and I decided to take advantage of the anti-summer day and hit the trails again.  This time we split up and I went solo for the whole run.  Trail running is quite different from running the roads.  The constant elevation crescendos, roots threatening you at every step and the pure peace of a pedestrian only zone leads to a wholly different running experience.  It is almost possible to zen out when it just you and the chipmunks vying for a shared existence on nature's pathways.  Speed is far less important on these runs as you are never sure what Everest may await you when turn the corner and break through the treeline.  I think I could get used to this.  More trail running may be incorporated into this runner's training arsenal.

Results
Distance: 5.42 miles
Time: 53:45
Pace: 9:55

Final Thought:

Two rabbits walk into a bar.  A third rabbit says,  "Why didn't you hop over it?"
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment